Located in Eureka California, Lost Coast Brewery and Café found its first home with the 1989 purchase of the Pythian Castle, a 100-year-old building located in Old Town Eureka. The building, a restored wood frame structure constructed in 1892, was purchased from the original owners, The Fraternal Order of the Knights of Pythias. After spending the winter and spring engaged in extensive remodeling, the Lost Coast Brewery and Café was open for business in July of 1990. Since its humble beginning, Lost Coast Brewery quickly outgrew the original facilities of the Pythian Castle and moved production to a larger site down the street. Over the next 20 years (several of those years being record breaking years), it was clear that Lost Coast Brewery would need an even bigger facility to accommodate the high production volume. In 2013, Lost Coast Brewery broke ground on the new Brew House. With enough space for a gift shop, tap room and a 1,000 barrel system, the New Brew House opened for business and production on December 1st 2014.
Lost Coast Brewery is now the 33rd largest brewery in the United States and distributes its fine ales in 22 states and 13 countries around the world.